Search This Blog

Monday, June 30, 2008

Moto trip: day 11, leaving Astoria, Morton WA, then home!

We left Andrew's place about 10 a.m. It was another beautiful ride toward Washington. When we crossed the border we rejoiced at the fact that we could put our own credit cards at the pump card reader and lift our own pump was its holder! Oregon's "don't pump your own gas" still is foreign to me. But, Its great that it keeps the job availability open at gas stations.

We stopped in Morton for lunch. Lyn had a headache, Anna was exhausted, and I was sniffling and felt a headache coming on....I think I caught a bug is Reedsport. Ugh.

It got hot again, since coming inland from the coast....maybe I didn't drink enough water today, which might explain the headache.

Later, upon getting onto hwy 167, we could feel home getting closer. (me, I was looking forward to sleeping in my own bed!). We parted ways from 167 to go to our respective homes.

Aaah. Home. As much fun as I've had on this trip, I'm glad to be home.

Feels funny to drive a car
now though. I ran some errands upon arriving home, using my car. I followed a guy on a Harley for part of the way, and found myself veering a bit to the right to get "into staggered formation". Duh. Car, Rusty. Ha ha!

No comments: